How to tell vacationers to keep noise to a normal level

Svelte-Anita0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

How to tell vacationers to keep noise to a normal level

Hi, I'm a Co-host and I'm writing a welcome letter for my guests right now. I'm trying to formulate this one point as polite as possible, but I want to make sure they get the message. English is my second language and I need a little help or examples from you guys. For the sake of keeping Airbnb alive in our neighborhoods 🙂

Thanks, 

Svelte

1.  Neighbors and Short Term Rentals

A proposal that would outlawed short-term vacation rentals in most of San Diego’s single-family neighborhoods was not fully rejected yet. Some neighborhoods brought up noise complaints, especially with short term vacation rentals like Airbnb, Homeaway and Tripadvisor. Not only out of respect for my lovely neighborhoods, also to keep short term rentals in San Diego, I ask you dearly to respect the peacefulness of this neighborhood and keep the noise to a normal level. 

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Presumably you have noise restrictions in your house rules? If so, just refer to them.

'We would like to draw your attention to our house rules, which ask that noise is kept to a minimum from XXX to XXXXX to ensure we don't disturb our neighbours. "

I wouldn't mention anything about wider issues to do with short term lettings.

Great, Thank you! 

Emma94
Level 10
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

What is considered the 'normal' noise level? You should state in the House rule that quiet hours starts from 10 pm to 6 am or something to that effect, then refer them to that House rule. Let them know that the police will strictly enforce the quiet hours and they can be ticketed if they are being too loud. 

Will do. Thank you! 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Svelte-Anita0

as others suggested... 

but keep it very short and clear, you know that guests don't read , they scan... maybe 🙂