Host Voice Update

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Host Voice Update

Hello everyone,

I know many of you have been eagerly awaiting an update regarding Host Voice and so we are pleased to announce that many of your ideas in the ‘Featured’ section have now received a response.

You will now be able to read the responses to your ideas, which have been carefully looked over and considered by our Product Team, by visiting the Host Voice board. 

I acknowledge it has taken some time to get Host Voice into motion and want to let you know this is because we have been busy working with different teams within Airbnb to make sure your most popular ideas reach the right people. We hope the processes we have been working on and continue to put in place will enable us to come back to you with a reply much quicker.

Thank you so much for all your suggestions and your involvement, please do continue to share your thoughts with us.

Lizzie  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

8 Replies 8
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Lizzie

I still find Host Voice confusing, there are many duplications which need to be aggregated, how often has for example Pet Fees been mentioned?

The way it is set up know encourages people to just post again rather than add to an existing thread.

David

@David126 

I made exactly the same point just the other day, I think they should have "Host topics" eg "Security", "fraud", "Theft", "Location", "Fee" etc.

@Lizzie @David126 has a great idea here. I've seen how admin can create a new thread when someone posts off-topic in another thread, so given the need for volume in Host Voice, combining like topics & moving things out to the regular Host board when they really aren't meant for HV would be very helpful.

Please admin the Host Voice so that like topics are easily grouped -- Does this need a HV thread to become a possibility??

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Lizzie I just popped over to HV and was easily able to see the grey tab: No, Planned, Thinking about it (i'm making these up... what were the labels??). But only in one case did I see a Response From ABB visible on the first page. I didn't open each thread, some of them have quiet a few comments!, to see if a response was hidden within the comments, but it would be nice if we were quickly able to see the response if there is one. Then again, maybe that one was the only one that got a narrative response and the others just got their Yes, No, Maybe titles

Hey, @Kelly149. If you open each, the Airbnb response is directly under the original post in all cases. Not hidden at all, so no problem finding them. When you get a bit of time, take a look. I found it interesting. 

@Lawrene0  Thanks for the tip lawrene, they were mostly there & yes interesting

@Lizzie maybe that would be a cc comments idea, that newest would appear first so we don't have to scroll thru pages & pages to get to new comments

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @David126@Cormac0@Lawrene0@Kelly149,

It is great to see you have taken a look over the Host Voice responses from the Product Team and it is really useful to hear your feedback. In particular your comments David and Cormac regarding duplicate ideas, this is something that is really important and it would be best to get all of the replies for a duplicate consolidated into one thread - so I hope we will be able to improve this as Host Voice evolves further. 🙂 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mairiis0
Level 2
Homer, AK

hello, im in Alaska and am losing pending reservations because sometimes the phone app is inactivated  due to weak internet access and we lose bookings.  There must be a new feature with airbnb asap so hosts can reconnect with expired inquiries via some means so guests  can re apply!!!! Mossyin Alaska

Please look into this aribnb and help us !