Camper & trailers

Celine50
Level 2
Costa Mesa, CA

Camper & trailers

I have an opportunity to get a gutted vintage trailer to revamp. I already have a room in the house + a tiny house on my property with Airbnb, so adding the trailer on top is out of the question.

Hosts with a trailer, what is your formula? Did you find a spot in a friend's backyard or do you drive the trailer to a designated camping site for your guests? I could let the guests tow it but I am afraid of being liable if an accident occur (I assume you need a business type of insurance to be covered)....

If you have it in a backyard, how do you deal with the tank situation? Is there a company that can come on site to empty black / grey? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for sharing! 

6 Replies 6
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

just joining in to follow along, Airstream in the backyard is fairly popular here and could be fun for the occasional personal trip.

Would love to hear what experienced trailer hosts are doing.

Thank you for joining the convo, Kelly! 

I have seen so many awesome setups and I love that it is offering a unique experience that is very sought after. 

On top of it, I would not mind having a small camper to tow about!

It is just a tad more complicated. I just have to nail the details now...

Yes, given that guests struggle to follow the fairly straightforward instructions at the barn, we are concerned with what would happen when a guest ignored the instructions for generator, plumbing, etc on a trailer...

Annette47
Level 3
Buckley, WA

I have a nice RV and I was 99.9% full in the summer.  I'm getting busy again.  I leave it parked on my property, I have a porta potty so when they service that I pay to have the toilet dumped.  It's been a great success for me so far.  I have porta potty because with a group it's just nice to have another place to go

Rebecca567
Level 1
Consecon, Canada

Hi Celine! 
We rent a camper van (renovated 1970's avion) like an airstream but canadain made. 
we started late last summer and we were'nt sure if it would take off, we've now paid off the cost to buy and renovate the trailer so it has been really great! 
We have it set up in the backyard, guests love the novelty of it.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions let me know!

Rebecca

Merita1
Level 1
Austin, TX

Is anyone with a trailer in Austin have a recommendation for a port o potty company to come empty the tanks?