App said potential guests had zero reviews but it was wrong

Elise42
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

App said potential guests had zero reviews but it was wrong

I received a couple of requests from potential guests through the app. It said they had zero reviews so I rejected them. One of them responded that they actually did have reviews, which I found when I looked at their profile. Now I'm having trouble getting them to re-book!

10 Replies 10
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

The app is notoriously buggy.  I just use the site from my phone browser.

Thank you, I may stop using it!

Sue185
Level 3
South MacLean, Australia

I have found the same its very annoying

I use my app all the time to accept guests and it always seems to say "no reviews" then when I get home to computer these people have had lovely reviews

it is very annoying I hope the glitch is fixed soon

Sue

Susan437
Level 1
Corpus Christi, TX

Would you mind telling me how you found those reviews because I have a couple that would like to stay with us but I can't find anything that says there are reviews or not.    

Do you know how to find the reviews on the website? They were in the same place they always are there, it just said zero reviews on the app!

@Susan437  If you're on the website and not seeing any reviews, chances are this guest is new to Airbnb and has not reviews since they have no previous stays.  We were all new once and a friendly host had to take a chance on us - so talk to them via message to see what their plans are during their stay and what attracted them to your listing - then show them how great Airbnb is! 🙂

Thank you for your help.  I will do that! 

Sue185
Level 3
South MacLean, Australia

Hi

I have to go to the computer to see the reviews

If no reviews on the computer then they have none. If they have been on Airbnb for a while I simply just ask "gee I see you have been with Airbnb for a while but have not reviews" I normaly get a nice answer. One lady had joined and had a trip canceld by host just before she was due and she was so upset it ruined her holiday and she did not trust Airbnb. I made a massive effort for her and she now has a little trust back so that was nice she really enjoyed her stay

I do not have a propblem with new people either. If they communite well when they book I like to let them know "Oh you will love been part of the Airbnb communitee once you get some reviews you will be off and running and staying in some great places" I may also have my caretaker drop in and "see if they are ok and comfy" and just drop some suble hints like "Oh Sue is so lovley she loves been a host and looking after her guests and when you get a good review you will go on and love Airbnb" this often helps I think make new people with no reviews feel comfy and I find they are great guests and do the right thing. We are all new at sometime and we all had one guest trust us when our listing were new and we had no reviews

I hope this helps

Sue

Thank you for your kind information Sue.   Have a great day!

Joanna85
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I have only had a few guests who are frequent Airbnb guests.  I live in a super tourist place so I figure 75% of the guests I will have  have never used Airbnb before who book my place...I don't mind.  I guess it depends on your comfort level...but everyone is different with their expectations as to what an Airbnb place is.  I think most people use Airbnb for one of two reasons:  save money or feel staying in somone's home is safer than a hotel in a strange city.  The thing about getting someone brand new is that theyprobably will be on their best behavior so they will get a good review!