Anyone Else hosting in Las Vegas?

Joanna85
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Anyone Else hosting in Las Vegas?

I am trying to find a thread where hosts in Las Vegas connect and I don't see anything really that I thought I would!

Anyone out there in Las Vegas?  Are you doing this for investment reasons or for the fun of it?  I"m curious to know what others think about being hosts in Las Vegas and if others have been doing Air BNB longer than a year if they find slower times of the year or a specfic 'season' or if it's just hit or miss.  Any tips or funny stories or nightmares or anyone else looking other Las Vegas hosts to just share with?

75 Replies 75
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Get in touch with our resident Las Vegas host, @Zacharias

@Cynthia-and-Chris1how funny you would think of me. 🙂

I see Zacharias all over the place in here!!!

He must be a hoot....lmao!

I"m just trying to get a little poop and scoop on how it is....now that I"ve got guests down and have decent reviews I think I can tweek a bit and maybe reev it up some.

Hi Joanna i m looking forward to connect with airbnb host community in Vegas as well

Happy to chat

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Hey, @Joanna85 theres about 3 or 4 of us from Las Vegas and Henderson on here. You have to read a few threads to get to find us. I always forget their names, but am surprised when I see fellow hosts from Vegas on here. I've been doing this for 2 years and my reasons change based on the difficulty of my guests and if Ive had a drink or not. Long term goal is to save and buy a house. After a certain number of years I'm not sure any host would say this is "fun". Theres nothing "fun" about it. Its a great way to make money, meet people and learn about other cultures, but thats about it as everything else is work, stress, and cleaning.  I make it sound awful, but hosting gives you a bit of a reality check after every reservation. I ponder "do I need the money this bad?" Then another request rings my phone and I hit "accept" and carry on about my day. lol

Las Vegas is a unique place to host because we are such a small city and we have 7 of the worlds largest hotels in our city. I say this because I wouldn't get a property in Vegas in hopes of renting it out on AirBnB. Unless you are helping to run the place and are in the city itself. The rate of return for out of state hosts is so much smaller for those who actually live in the city. I can turn over a room and bathroom without having to pay cleaners and it costs me next to nothing and takes about 30 minutes.  As long as I'm not watching something on Netflix. That usually drags the cleaning out to about 2 hours. lol

Slow season in Vegas is usually the entire month of February and November, but it will depend upon your location in Vegas. The rate is secondary. I could get into other factors affecting how busy you will be but that takes a bit of time. Outside of those two months you'll notice guests change by the season. In my opinion- Summer and Spring bring families and international guests and Fall and Winter bring business people.

Can't say I have any nightmares from hosting, but I do get burnt out from hosting. I share those horror stories with fellow hosts on here. We all laugh and I move on to the next guest. The funny stories are usually the ones that keep me from crying in the fetal position at night. One guest messaged me at 1151pm requesting to have the AC turned down to 65 degrees. Its **bleep** near midnight and I tell her I'll turn it down to 72 and to use the fan in her room. She asked where was it? It was a ceiling fan I was referring to. After every guest leaves I remember why I don't have roommates.

@Zacharias0

Funny.  Nobody realizes how either cold or hot it gets here.  And fans do work!

Omg! I've had this same experience in the 4 years I have been hosting! I actually found this company called The Innkeep Elite. They are Lifesavers! They made me Superhosts!! They Clean they deal with my messages, they meet my guest in person, they are available 24/7. I love them!! The team is small so you can easily access the people working on your property and they do everything the exact way i like it! They even provide my liinens and towels, toilet paper, paper towels. I sound like a commercial but i seriously cant recoomend them enough they reammy make Hosting a breeeze and maximize my potential revenue!! Their website is www.theinnkeepelite.com  Tell them Iris refered you and they will take $200 off your first month and will also give me a discount on my next service hehe *Shameless marketing moment*

Malee-Anne0
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Hey, I'm a host here in Vegas for about 6 months now. I just found this community page. I'm going to create a facebook group for hosts to support each other and will let you know when I get it up and running! 

Hi Malee Is there a link to Facebook page you can share to connect with airbnb hosts?

Julie498
Level 2
North Las Vegas, NV

Meeting scheduled with VEGAS VACATION RENTAL ASSOC VVRA ON SATURDAY June 3, 2017, AT 2:00 - 5:30 PM at Clark County Library, 1401 E Flamingo Rd., (Large Conference Room) Las Vegas. Get the latest info on the up coming City Councel Vote concerning short term rentals in Las Vegas and what they new laws could mean to you!  Food and drink will be provided. Text your phone number to Annette at **** to get updates, but most important show up to this meeting.  

[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – to use the Direct Messaging system here in the Community Center, hover over the profile photo and click 'Send Message']

We have been hosting in Vegas for almost a year now. We don't live there but we do have family members there to check on things for us. We are concerned about the new laws being imposed on short term rentals. Our other concern is air conditioning units going out! We've had good luck with guests but we don't use instant booking so i have turned down some requests. I don't know if we will continue after these laws are enforced. ~Robin 

Can you please call or message me? We are hosting a beautiful 3300 square foot home in Vegas and just have a couple questions. Frank (209) 312-2418.

@Frank276

You're welcome to ask in here--that's what the forum is for--to ask questions and get answers! I"ve completed over 138 bookings in less than a year, so I have a pretty good idea of the ins and outs as well as some of the other regulars on here do!!

Hi Joanna what is the best way to connect with you or other host?

Thanks