Airbnb fee to cohost

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Airbnb fee to cohost

Besides the 3% fee, does airbnb charge the cohost or host a fee for administration?

That is, If the host agrees to pay 15%, does the host get charged 15% and the cohost receive 15% (ignore the 3% charge that both the host and cohost pay)?

I wish to cohost for my neighbor and I would like the convenience of airbnb administration formally charging host and paying me.

However if the host and cohost and I need to pay for this service, we will do it between ourselves.

Any hosts/cohosts have any experience with these fees?

3 Replies 3
Bo22
Level 1
Annapolis, MD

Reading through the terms of service:

For now, Airbnb is not charging service fees as part of the Co-Host Service. However, we may in the future start charging service fees as part of the Co-Host Service or as a condition of accessing certain features of the Co-Host Service, in our sole discretion.

Good question and good to know that AirBnb may introduce changes in the future. I've been a co-host for 2 different hosts for a few months now. The Airbnb system definitnley makes it easies for me. If  could vote for future improvements, I'd like to be able to track my hosting activities independent of all my co-hosting ones. Also, I download Airbnb transaction info (in Excel) and add columns to track additional info--mainly what day/time I'll arrive for turnover & miscellaneous notes (damages found, low supplies, lost & found, etc.). I've found is helpful even when a host has set checkin and checkout times. Good luck co-hosting.

Dawn185
Level 2
Cambridge, Canada

Paul I was wondering if the host (me) has to claim the total fee pid by the guest an pay the co-host as an eligible expense?  I don't have cohosting as an automatic feature at the moment but it shouldn't affect the taxation.

Thank you

Dawn