why are the same properties always at the top of a search

Alison-And-Vic0
Level 1
Collingwood, Canada

why are the same properties always at the top of a search

If I do a search in my Town, the same properties come up first all the time.  My property is far down the list.  Why?

3 Replies 3
Shadley0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi @Alison-And-Vic0

Many different reasons, it could be the search filters, it could be the number of reviews, it could be super host status, it could be ....

Read more about it here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/39/how-are-search-results-determined

Right now my listing is not coming up at all as being open for certain dates during Jazzfest. Why is that? It is certainly actively listed and I just confirmed a booking yesterday for the previous weekend. On my listing calendar, it is clearly wide open but when I search for available 3br April 28- May 1, it doesn't come up at all.

Gabe

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Search using incognito mode/private mode in your browser without logging in. You'll likely see a different set of listings. When you return to a search, Airbnb identifies you through the cookies your browser has saved, so you will get similar results. Incognito/private mode will prevent Airbnb from seeing your previous cookies.