refunding the guest

Hayk5
Level 2
Yerevan, Armenia

refunding the guest

the guest provided false photos and 60% of the guest's payment was taken from me. I was not warned and the guest continued to live in my apartment till the last day of her reservation. so practically she stayed in my apartment for free.

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

sorry @Hayk5 your post isn't clear. Why did Airbnb refund the guest 60% if their stay even though they stayed with you for the full duration booked?

@Helen0when they came and checked in the next day guest wrote me that in the apartment`s bathroom the water was leaking. I took my master there we fixed it and after that she called me again the next day and told that the water was leaking again. again we went there and my master told me that the water pipe was weakened and he thinks that it was weakened intentionally. but i did not pay attention to that and we fixed it again. the same day airbnb contacted me and told that my guest wanted to check out and if it is so i have to pay them 50 percent of money and the connection was lost. i called my guest. we talked she told me that she needs extra air condition and if i install it she will continue to stay. i agreed and installed extra air condition. After that she stayed to my apartment till the last day of her reservation. After her departure i had another guest and when i checked my account it showed that I have a -764 dollar balance. I called airbnb to find out why it is so. they told me that they refunded my guest. but they even did not inform me about their decision. i never got any message about refunding. and now 2 weeks I am trying to connect with my case manager but nobody contacts me back. i don`t know what to do. once she only wrote that they have made a final decision, because guest sent them proof, but what kind of proof case manager didn`t told me. i sent case manager the photos to prove that my apartment is in great condition and that the guest even thanked me, but the case manager didn`t pay attention to that. now I think that my guest was a regular fraudulent. but i don`t know what to do. i decided to open a court case against airbnb, because they refunded my guest for no reason and even didn`t inform me about that. what do you think I can do in this situation? I really want to cooperate with airbnb further, but now I feel that the host isn`t protected in this kind of situations.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Confused also. You do make it sound as if guest continued to enjoyed staying in your place for 'free' even after receiving a refund. 

yeah definitely the guest enjoyed. I also took there box of chocolate and a wine as an apologize

What was in the photos???

I have very positive experience of Airbnb. They are pretty fair, and have compensated for things guests broke in my place without  a hiccup.

I don`t know they didn`t inform me, i also have photos, but they didn`t ask me to provide

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Hayk5   You're going to need to take this to Twitter with a direct message to AirbnbHelp. Get a signed and notarized statement from the plumbing person stating the plumbing was tamper with, not once but twice. Also provide the receipt and document her request for more A/C which you provided instantly with her threat to cancel if you did not provide it, it was not a listed amenity this is extortion. Have them check her prior stays for similar refund demands from other hosts. Demand that this case gets escalated as the guest commited fruad to get refunded and you demand the Trust and Safety people be brought in immediately to investigate this situation. You must use the word INVESTIGATE that is so important in getting results that work for you. Can you open a case you get nothing, can you please check on why this happen you get nothing. An investigation means issues and the guest need to be investigated, they can not deny them with your plumbers notized statement or your documentation on the extortion of install more A/C or she cancels. There were two cases of something similar to this recently on Reddit or Airhosts Forum in the last few months or so and both got their money back, but it seems it was AirBnB that actually paid not the guest. The guest walked away scott free, but their accounts were cancelled.  

@Letti0 it is an extortion. i have her messages. she thanked me but i was fool i didn`t know that she got refunded. even the last day the elevator in the building was not working. I went there at 2 am and helped them to carry their baggages. Thats why i feel realy disappointed and this is an also moral damage. I did practically everything for them for making their stay comfortable

@Hayk5  Fight it through the AirBnB Trust and Safety Department. I would keep on them too every other day. Have you investigated her history with AirBnB, have you reviewed my documention, have you taken into consideration her extortion attempt, etc. don't let up. It's the only option open as a recourse for you. 

@Letti0 I really want to. I am calling to airbnb every single day already two weeks. This is the first time I am having problem with the guest.