multiple fake profiles

Debbie106
Level 5
Bradenton, FL

multiple fake profiles

has anyone encountered a guest with multiple fake profiles?  I have an upcoming guest who created more than 1 profile.  I dont even know how they can do that if government I.D. is required but apparently it happens.  I told my guest that I would check her i.d. when she arrived so she needs to book with the correct i.d. so she did and under that profile she had a couple of good reviews so I let her book.  Since then I read under new hosts of another host who had a similiar situation and now I am wondering how often this happens.  Ive decided that since she is arriving and departing withing 12 hours and we will be home Im not going to put the key in the lockbox I will just have her knock when she arrives.  But it makes me really wonder how often this happens and how can they create multiple profiles.  Any suggestions on how to handle the situation?

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Are they fake or duplicate?

David
Rachael26
Level 10
Murphy, NC

@Debbie106

Hi Debbie - probably nothing to really worry about - but on principle it isn't right. I have heard of several guests opening more than one profile - mainly to 'qualify' for the $50 travel credit Airbnb give out  for referrals. Of course this is cheating, and if you feel strongly enough about - when your guest checks in - ask to see her ID and later, after the booking is completed successfully and  you are writing her review, mention it in the section where Airbnb ask if there were any issues about the guest. And you can always 'flag' the other profile and report it to Airbnb.

Best Wishes.