keys

keys

How do most people allow guests to access....key box?, key code? how do you ensure security?

4 Replies 4

@Dinah12, I don't know how "most" people give guests access, but one popular solution is to use a Smart Lock of some sort. Smart Locks allow you to give a key code or use smart phones (or both) so guests can use the lock without having to exchange keys. Not having physical keys also eliminates the worry of guests copying the keys for later use.

Some models even automatically work with AirBnB to set themselves up automatically when an AirBnB reservation is made.

There are a lot of different Smart Locks with different capabilities. Search for "Smart Locks" on this Discussion Room, or you can search for "AirBnB Smart Lock" on Google.

Thank-you for your reply and advice 🙂

Madison17
Level 2
Charleston, SC

We just got this new lock a couple months back and not only do we absolutely LOVE it! It syncs directly to my AirBNB calendar, sends guests emails with key code and instructions as soon as they book a stay, disables codes at time of check out (and accurately lol), and auto updates itself for me. I don't have to do a thing or have to worry about keys or anything myself, it's awesome. 

Here's a link to check it out, I highly recommend it! 

https://www.amazon.com/AirLocking-Smart-Lock-for-AirBNB/dp/B0759NPC5Y/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=airloc...

@Madison17, that's terrific!

I use a different lock system (August), but I am always happy to hear about great new locks that help make things easier for hosts.

Plus, the more competition there is, the harder these lock companies will work to make their locks better.