how do I change a price on a cancellation in the future?

Deede0
Level 2
Indio, CA

how do I change a price on a cancellation in the future?

I live near the Coachella Fest and as you can imagine, during a few weeks a year I can charge too much.  Ok, so Goldenvoice announced that they are having a third concert in October with the Stones, etc. the big deals and I get an instant booking for the smallest amount I offer ou room.  So, I canceled it as the moment it was bookd and guest understood it was too far in advance for me and no fees where charged. How can I release the block on those dates so I can re-open it with the correct price I will be charging?

5 Replies 5
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I don;t believe you can now re-open these dates as you cancelled for no extenuating circumstances. You should perhaps have tried to negotiate with the person who booked and then send an updated special offer with a higher price. The responsibility lies with us hosts to price appropriately unfortunately.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Deede0 -- If you didn't use Instant Book you might not have gotten into this bind. There are SO many reasons why Instant Book is a bad idea for most hosts.

So, can I open it back up? Available? And yes, I used instant book.

@Deede0 It is impossible to unblock dates that were reserved on a reservation that you cancelled.  That's part of the penalities Airbnb imposes on hosts who cancel.  You should read this to learn more about host cancellation policies:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

Unfortunately many hosts don't read this before cancelling. 

@Deede0 So, I hope you've now turned off Instant Book! As far as I'm concerned, it's really only suitable for operations with many (many!) units that are effectively operating as hotels. Hosts with 1 or 2 (or even 3 or 4) units should handle the approvals themselves.