What to say when a host is out of town?

Jennifer84
Level 2
Santa Maria, CA

What to say when a host is out of town?

Sometimes I'm out of town or visiting my parents and not around to give my guest a tour of what they have access to and don't in the kitchen. I've noticed that my food has gone missing. Food that I hide in my pantry and on my side of the refrigerator not designated for guests. How do I prevent the guest from rummaging through my pantry and refrigerator while I'm not there? Do I address it in my rules or house manual? Or do I address it via message when they first arrive?
1 Reply 1
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Jennifer84,

Here are a couple suggestions.  For the fridge, you could keep all your stuff on the lower levels and put a sign or curtain in front of those sections letting the guest know those foods are not available for use.  I would do the same thing with your pantry.  The other thing is a device that a friend recommended at some point.  It is a very powerful magnetic lock which you could use when you go away.  Here is a link on Amazon.  I know a few people who have ordered them and they swear by it.

http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Magnetic-Locking-System/dp/B004GCJMLG/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host