What can I do when I don't like a specific guest?

An1
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

What can I do when I don't like a specific guest?

I never got any 3 star for cleanliness before.

Recently I hosted a guy whose girlfriend has a listing in the same building.

Then he left the review: "Her room is very clean so If I need to booking room in HCMC, I always use her room. This is one of my recommend room in world." and rated my cleanliness 3 star as well as accuracy and value.

I also never got any 3 or 4 star for accuracy.

This made me very confused. I sent him private message to ask: "What can I improve for my listing because I see that you rated me 3-star?". For days he hasn't replied.

So now I don't want to welcome him again at my place. I don't feel comfortable to host him again.

What can I do?

In this link: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/259/what-should-i-do-if-i-m-uncomfortable-hosting-someone

Airbnb Help Center doesn't mention about Instant Book. When I set Instant Book, how can I cancel a confirmed booking? 

Thanks for any help and advise.

An

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@An1 That's kind of strange.  Why didn't the boyfriend stay with his girlfriend, for heaven's sake?  There's not much you can do since this guest didn't violate any Airbnb guidelines for reviews.  

As for Instant Book, you can cancel penalty free if you are uncomfortable with them.  Do you think he wants to return after leaving that review?

You can read about Instant Book host cancellations on this link:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

An1
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

@Clare0

Her listing is not available on that day so they booked my place. They stayed together but in my place.

He said he would return next time when he needs a place.

And if I cancel his confirmed booking, I will lost Superhost status.

Well I feel cynical about this one - he is probably trying to encourage bookings at his girlfriend's place by giving you lower star ratings but didn't want to make you upset with him by leaving anything other than a good verbal review so he has the option to come stay at yours when hers is booked. 

This is one of the drawbacks of Instant book.  I'm not sure if AirBNB would let you cancel without penalty on this one.  However one would hope that after your private message calling him out on his ratings (in a nice way) he may change his tune OR book elsewhere anyway.

Let us know 🙂

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact AirBNB