Warning hosts of a potential risk guest

Hellen8
Level 2
Vasse, Australia

Warning hosts of a potential risk guest

‘If I want to warn other hosts about a guest, how can I do this without the guest seeing?’

22 Replies 22

Thank you Emilia, okay I will leave a review.  I'm so glad I discussed this with the community.  It's been the help I needed for my direction and understanding. 🙂

@ Helen,

Do you have anything in the house rules about guests hosting thier own guests in your space?  It might be a good opportunity to create a well-worded addition that conveys they are not welcome to host others.

Some hosts state "only registered gests allowed on the premisis."  That also makes it clear that 3rd party reservations (someone doing the booking and someone else shows up instead) are also prohibited.  In both circumstances, if something were to go wrong, you'd be completely liable.

There's always a coffee shop, park or pub where they could meet with others...

Yes Susan, I have written in the rules to advise me prior if they wanted to invite anyone over.  I like your wording, thank you.  I might re do it.  Exactly right, they can always meet up somewhere else.  I'm pretty sure there was some business going on.  That is what was so disturbing.  She didn't really care about the beauty around her. 

I haven't had to witness this yet and cross fingers, wont again. 

Opening our cherished home up for others to enjoy is one thing, but abusing the priviledge by using it for something seedy is another.

Tammy426
Level 2
West Branch, MI

Similar incident i want to warn against instant booking bc of this guest. do not rent to **[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines horrible experience. I have a small family cabin sleeps 5. She rented for 4 people and had 8 there. Trashed my house went through all our food that wasn't even there for abb then tried to charged me for things she broke and batteries she bought bc she needed to blow up and air mattress then continued to harass me weeks after.. Do not rent to her!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Please leave an honest review if you want to warn future hosts about this guest.  The vast majority of hosts are not members here so won't see your warning @Tammy426 

@Helen3 Both Tammy and Jennifer left reviews. Reading them I guess both could be honest but who knows!

Why would a host lie? I have great guest's great reviews im not here to get sympathy or berated just trying to warn people.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Tammy426 

Sorry to hear about the challenging experience you had with your guest.

I had to remove the personal details from your post as while it's totally fine to come here and vent about your experience, it's not ok to identify them or give details about where they live.

@Helen3's advice about using the review system to warn other Hosts is absolutely the right thing to do here.

Hopefully your future guests are a pleasure to host.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines