Tricky guests

Jo340
Level 2
Tullaghanbawn, Ireland

Tricky guests

Tricky guests!

I have just hosted 2 guests booked in by their employers.

They were the worst ones I have ever had and although now sorted I have to write a review! 

I won't be dealing with the company again, but am aware that a bad public review from them could badly affect my hosting status. Any experiences or ideas?

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Jo340 

It is difficult to comment based on the information you have provided. I presume this was booked as a business booking, as you mention a company booking in for it's employees?

My view is that hosts shouldn't feel blackmailed by the review system into not leaving an honest review about your hosting experience.

As you know you can't stop them for leaving a bad review of you so stop worrying about it. If they provide an inaccurate review then you can respond to it.

if you can let us know what made them your worst guests and what sort of review you want to leave, then hosts here can help you shape it.

Good luck.

Nancy26
Level 3
Delray Beach, FL

They don't see your review until after they write theirs.  Be honest, other hosts will thank you!

Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Jo340 I agree with the previous comments. Leave an honest and thorough review. If the review that gets left for you is nasty and unfairly portrays your listing, publicly respond in detail.

Also, even though they were bad guests doesn't mean that they have a negative opinion of you and your property. How are you sure that the review will be negative? (Perhaps you had an argument with them. I couldn't tell from your post.)

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Jo340 

Leave a SHORT, honest and  undramatized review.

Remember prospective guests will read your review also, so be level-headed.

"Best in a hotel setting" is the standard thumbs down public comment.