Transfer reservations between hosts. HELP!

Vacaspotting0
Level 2
Thessaloniki, Greece

Transfer reservations between hosts. HELP!

Hey beautiful people!

A simple question. A couple I met some time ago, want to give the management of their properties to us.  They do have 4 reservations already in the books, so my question is, can we tranfer these reservations from their account to ours?

Just to clarify, these are reservations made to the guys being the hosts, not guests themselves.

Any help would be so much appreciated 🙂

Thanx everybody!

7 Replies 7
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Vacaspotting0 why would you want to add the properties to your account? That way you will get the reviews from their properties too which are not in your total control and some day they might want you out and you will remain ( with possibly bad) reviews for a place you dont own. They can add you as a Co-host and you will still manage treir properies and get paid 20% but those will be separate accounts. Unless your goal is to start a managing company and you want to have many properties under one name. 

@Ana1136 wrote:

@Vacaspotting0 why would you want to add the properties to your account? That way you will get the reviews from their properties too which are not in your total control and some day they might want you out and you will remain ( with possibly bad) reviews for a place you dont own. They can add you as a Co-host and you will still manage treir properies and get paid 20% but those will be separate accounts. Unless your goal is to start a managing company and you want to have many properties under one name. 

Hi Ana and thanx for your reply,

We are a property management company, hence the effort to move the properties to our account.

We are pretty sure, given the housing standards as also our hospitality standards, that the reviews will be just fine 🙂

And if one day the guys decide to take their properties back, so be it 🙂 We keep the wonderful reviews and memories 🙂

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Vacaspotting0 I didn't open your profile, and since you said a couple you met i thought they were personal friends 🙂 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ana1136 

I think it is fairly obvious @Vacaspotting0 with it's 17 listings is already a property management company which is why I didn't answer the question. The name seems to stem from the phrase vacation spotting.

What he is saying is this couple have not approached him to take over their future business, he wants to know if their existing business which is a contract between the guests and that couple can be transfered to and taken over by him!

And I am afraid, the answer is no, it can't, it only applies to business transacted after a management aggreement is put in place! In other words the stay agreement is between Airbnb and the management company not some third party!

Cheers......Rob

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Robin4 I never thought that it was a company because from the brief explanation here they seemed like personal friends asking for a Co-host. They have a photo of an individual and not a logo, and I would also imagine that a professional management company would know that, that is why it never crossed my mind 🙂 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ana1136 

I hadn't realised @Vacaspotting0 had responded when I did my post, I thought I was just responding to you. 

I understand what is being asked and, it's a valid question, different platform operate in different ways, but Airbnb do not transfer existing reservations, it would open the floodgates to situations like new home buyers.....hosts giving away hosting for one reason or another. Airbnb have made a decision, they don't transfer reservations and that is that.

@Vacaspotting0  as you are already quite active with Airbnb I would suggest you get onto them and jointly with the existing host see if CX can work out a seemless way of performing a neutral cancellation with guests approval and rebooking with your management company.

Cheers......Rob 

@Ana1136 Yes Ana you are right and fairplay about the profile pic.

We thought that if we kept our personal pic instead of the company one, it would keep some personal touch. Thank you nonetheless for your reply.

@Robin Thanx Rob for your sound opinion and reply. What you write makes absolute sense regarding the possible chaos from transferring reservations. Will gove it a go anyways with airbnb. We are more than active as in total we accumulate more than 40 properties, at least for this year. 

You are also spot on about how we came up with Vacaspotting. 

Thanx to both of you. Any chance you stop by Greece and Halkidiki or Thessaloniki, give us a shout 🙂