The “BOT” strikes again............

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

The “BOT” strikes again............

The “bot” strikes again, but Airbnb recognises the mistake and rightfully corrects it.

I just thought I would bring this to the attention of us, who do complain quite often about THE BOT! 

The Airbnb computer generating notifications “BOT” struck again, and has obviously caused problems and distress to guests and hosts alike, in Tasmania; due to the current bushfires occurring. Without trivialising the environmental and personal losses, I hope all stay safe and am sure, everyone is thinking of our Taswegian community members, their friends and families. Natural disasters cause heartache, and there but for the grace of God, goes any of us. 🙏🏽

I just sighted this correction on Twitter, under “Airbnb Citizen AU” and felt it was timely to see that “AirbnbCitizen AU” is at least trying to rectify the situation. 

Though I also note it was not visible on their “Airbnb Citizen Australia” Facebook site.

2760477A-684E-4733-A2AA-AED381B8057B.jpegAlthough only visible on Twitter, at least openly recognising an error, is a positive sign for 2019...... 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼  

4 Replies 4
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Cathie19

My God, don't tell me they are actually admitting to creating a ....blunder!

On the fire issue, Isn't it strange, when we are put in an extreme situation we as humans tread lightly!

We have just had our hottest day on record with a strong enough wind from the interior of the country to make me put umbrellas and things away.

We have not had a single bushfire (wildfire) today! It is almost as though we as a whole state have said....'This is such a serious situation we don't want to contribute to it'  

I feel terribly sorry for the people affected in Tasmania and it was only two weeks ago there were dozens of uncontained bushfires burning up the east coast in News South Wales and Queensland. But for some reason God and nature smiled on us today....fingers crossed!

Cheers.....Rob

Kristy43
Level 5
West Moonah, Australia

We are in Hobart @Cathie19 and @Robin4 and bracing for 37 degrees tomorrow with something like 60 fires not under control in the state.  The wind is just starting to roar up around us tonight which won’t be helping matters in the fire zones at all- they are saying it will be too risky to have aircraft fighting from the air. Luckily we are in the city but plenty of people are in for a scary night I think...... hopefully everyone stays safe.... scary stuff! 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kristy43

Oh Kristy we all feel for you possum! Tasmania has some of the last untouched wilderness in the world and the thought of loosing that is terrible to us all.

I wish I could wish this heatwave elsewhere for you. I can't believe we dodged a bullet today. This state should have burned from top to bottom in these conditions. Pt Augusta hit 50c this afternoon!......122f. 

Nobody on the other side of the world can remotely comprehend what it is like to walk outside in 50c temperatures. We never had a fire of any consequence...and I can't believe that!

Kristy, we are thinking of you down there and we hope and pray that the firies will get on top of this without too much of your lovely state being blackened!

Good luck girl!

Cheers........Rob 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Evening @Kristy43.  It is scary stuff! 

Sending some calm positivity and prayers to you and all suffering under these terrible weather conditions. May some of our rain and humidity head your way...... 

Do try to stay calm and get some precious sleep..... breathe slowly and deeply for the night will turn to day and with the help of the brilliant firies and other emergency services, volunteers and all others assisting, things will improve soon. Take care Kristy. 

🙏🏽💛

Cathie