Superhost status retention

Ruth44
Level 1
New Zealand

Superhost status retention

Hi - I've been an airbnb host for 4 years now and have had superhost status for a while. Due to circumstance change I'm now vacating my home and turning it into a permanent holiday rental, so same house, same location, same host - just listing the whole house without me in it.  Do I lose my superhost status because of this change? Do all the reviews I've had over the years disappear too?

Has anyone had a similar situation?.....

2 Replies 2
Miranda4
Level 4
Elvas, Portugal

Isn't it possible to simply edit your listing to make it a whole house, edit number of rooms/beds etc.? I'm sure people make mistakes with these things all the time and have to edit, so I'm pretty sure you can edit them. For instance, we've changed the number of beds (because of adding a sofa bed or a crib). I guess the main thing is to change from room to whole house, but seems like you could do that. 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Ruth44 You can change the property / room type on your listing by going to Edit Listing and click on Basics.  Scroll down and you'll see a place to make your changes.  

With regards to your reviews, even if you set up a brand new listing and deactiveate / delist prior ones, your reviews will still be visible.  They will show as "This host has reviews for other properties" with a button to see them. 

Hope this helps!