Super Host Assessment on NUMBER OF STAYS

Digibed_London0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Super Host Assessment on NUMBER OF STAYS

Hello everybody,

We were thinking that Airbnb is not fair in his Super Host Assessment counting in STAYS and not in NIGHTS BOOKED.

For instance, ''host A'' is hosting 10 stays just one night each.

''Host B'' is hosting only one stay for 10 nights.

Host B is not worst than host A because in total there are 10 nights for both! They are both working hard and they deserve a much better way to calculate their Super Host Assessment. It seems Airbnb doing like this is preferring Hosts who are doing SHORT length of stay.

Calculating in NIGHT BOOKED could be pretty simple and equals for all the hosts

Calculating in Number of Stays is not accurate. As a stay can last 1 night for "Host A'' and 365 nights for "host B" and Host B will never become a Super Host... Why?

As it is an assessment, it shoul be EQUAL for all the hosts (short and long stays) but it seems this is NOT FAIR AT ALL...

Thank you for your thoughts and happy new year!

Cheers,

Denis & Giovanni 

17 Replies 17
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Digibed_London0If you had total freedom to implement a new 'Superhost' program at Airbnb, how would it be?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Digibed_London0

The wonderful thing about life is the diversity that humans bring to it and I do enjoy seeing new ideas put forward. Lets face it the only reason we have evolved to the point we have is because of new ideas.

But I am afraid I am struggling to find any logical rationale for this argument of yours Dennis and Giovanni.

I gather from what you are saying, you have hosted two guests, maybe two you have got on well with, prepared your listing twice, greeted and checked in your guests twice, cleaned up after them when they have left twice.......and you think that this should give you the same status as someone who has hosted twenty guest and been through the aforementioned 20 times...... is that what I am reading?

Superhost status is based on reviews, it is based on a variety of guests perception of what you offer, it is not based  on how many times someone walked through the front door.

Tell me guys, if you were shopping for an article and you wanted advice as the the quality, durability, value of that article which would you prefer, the experiences of 20 people, or just one who had used that product 20 times?

You obviously have been great hosts over a few years, you have a bunch of wonderful reviews (60 of them) and your guests love you, That status will come to you when you get yourselves up to that required number in the current assessment!

Just keep on putting in the hard yards and don't try to 'cheapen' what you do so well, by looking for shortcuts!

Cheers....Rob

Daniel1129
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Hello everyone I am new as a host and in the forums. The subject caught my attention because I accepted long-term reservations and in fact I had a guest for 60 days. When I realized that I still had the possibility of being Super Host, I sent a comment to Airbnb and the answer left me perplexed. The employee who answered me suggested that I accept only short bookings while completing my 10 reservations and then there if I accepted long bookings. That seemed discriminatory to me, because if a potential guest needs a long stay, and I need the time to complete my 10 reservations then I must discriminate because their need complicates my goal. And anyway I managed to finish the period with 10 reservations, I met all the standards, with excellent 5-star evaluations and they did not give me the coveted medal. I asked for an explanation and I did not get it, I feel frustrated