Share links with guest.

Mike225
Level 2
Alexandria, VA

Share links with guest.

Many times i send guest links to web sites for info and even sending them a link with in airbnb about another place i offer if one is not suitable and airbnb blocks the linsk. This is super annoying. How can we get rid of this? It makes it hard to be a good effective host. 

10 Replies 10

You cannot.  This is a safety feature that Airbnb uses.  You will have to send the names of the websites you want to showcase for your guests, even then they will block "Google Maps" and "Youtube".  They will also strip pictures and HTML.  These are also safety features.  

Thats fine there web site super un user friendly. I mean youtube, if i want to send a video to someone of my place like a tour they block it. Come on. I get secutiy. its not hard to code this. I am a coder my self. No way to fake a link for youtube. Just makes it super hard to share info. But guess not much we can do.

They do this to prevent hosts from linking potential guests to external websites so they can do the transaction outside of Airbnb (either to avoid the service fees Airbnb applies or because they're trying to scam the guests).  Once you have a confirmed reservation with a guest, Airbnb will provide an email address you can use to email the guest any links to things.

But why do they block links to other Airbnb listings ?

Often I have an enquiry that would better suite another listing.

Instead of losing the guest who may then run off and book on another platform, allow to refer them to another "own" listing !

Exactly, i had one guest who wanted to see my other places could not send them links. its crazy and it forced me to reach them out side of thr site and go to whatsapp for talking ot the client. This dose not stop us from reaching client only makes it hard to do our job. There is alway s a way to sent contact info to talk to them in another way in a message. You just make it harder. 

I do not understand why Airbnb will not let me share other Airbnb links to my other properties on platform. I have tons of guests who inquire on properties that may not be a good fit  because of price, pets, dates etc.  and now when I go to share those other options Airbnb blocks me from being able to share those options. This is completely stupid because without being able to share other links we limit our ability to confirm a reservation.

I used to be able to share Airbnb links to other properties that my co-workers have listed that they are hosting and now it blocks the link and says we have to have a confirmed booking but how can we have a confirmed booking when we are trying to negotiate what property works best for their needs? 

Why won’t Airbnb write code that allows us to send their links but not others? This is going to totally hurt my business and it makes no sense.   I get them blocking other websites (YouTube, VRBO etc.)but what’s the purpose of blocking Airbnb links that we use to showcase other options to our potential guest?

What a stupid change to their platform. I’ve lost 3 potential bookings because of this  👎E3B7C1B7-052A-48AB-8914-E77E8603CD49.jpegC1E64FC8-9C05-4467-9D43-624AE9FAB621.jpeg98820EF5-8192-4BF2-8301-808BBD4C7E0E.jpeg

@Heather1326  You don't need to send guests links to show them your other properties. Just tell them to click on your profile photo, which will take them to your profile page, where all your listings are visible. Then they can click on any of those thumbnails to see the full listing info.

Thanks for your response but not every guest is tech savvy and will be able to navigate through to locate my profile and search out my other properties. I also have so many properties that this would take 20 minutes to explain  which one I am trying to offer them. This is very time consuming and inefficient when we have always been able to share the listing link with the guest that they can simply click on and then we go from there.

Also, how do I share links to my co-workers Airbnb properties? I work in a busy RE office with tons of other agents/hosts who have their own inventory (Airbnb listings) that we share with each other all the time to book into each other’s properties. We use the feature of sharing links every day in our business and it’s always helped us keep our properties (and each other’s) booked. Removing this feature from us makes no sense especially for a busy property management office like us that depends on this option.

We  are going to have to find  another  platforms now. This is super disappointing to remove such an important feature from everyone because of a few idiots who break the rules. 

I totally agree with every word you said! It is RIDICULOUS that they create a link within the preview to my own property, and then you cannot send that link even within AirBnb‘s own app, to a link that THEY created! For a company of this size and value, their tech-support and maneuvering is TERRIBLE!

i used to do all my rentals on craig list there was no safty feture and it made it easier to conduct buiness. This has caused me to go back to craig list for some of my buiness. I use to post ads on places not renting and then use airbnb for the booking once i found someone. but when you block communcation in airbnb it only makes it harder to offer good customer service. I was brining buiness in to use airbnb for the credit check but iu was finding the clients. You assume you always find the client and people want to get away frm you to save a tiny fee. When in fact i was brining clients in and wanted to use airbnb to verfy the client idefication and so on. i am ok paying small fee for this service. but now i often dont do this because of the hassle of the web site.