Reviews Required for Suporthost Status 4.7+ or 4.75+ or 4.8 ?

Ankit-And-Angel0
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Reviews Required for Suporthost Status 4.7+ or 4.75+ or 4.8 ?

Dear Hosts,

I have read conflicting review rating requirements to maintain Superhost status. Are the rating requirements 4.8 or above, 4.7 above or 4.75 above. We are currently above 4.7 but fear that we will not be able to reach 4.8 in next 3 days before the next evaluation. Any tips will be useful. Thanks Ankit and Angel

17 Replies 17
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Ankit-And-Angel0 Superhost is measured from your reviews within the last year to the tenth decimal. So your rating when you look under the 'Progress/Performance Tab' --> Opportunities --> Superhost will need to be 4.8 or above. It does take quite a few 5 star reviews to move the rating up another decimal point. 

Harold75
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Ankit-And-Angel0  Hi!  You have 2 listings.  Please specify, I am not clear about this.  Help!  

Listing One is  Superhost at 4.8 rating,  and in that one, I see you took hits on Cleanliness and Value.  Is it this listing you are referring? 

Listing Two is not Superhost 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Harold75 Superhost follows the host and not the listings. As long as the host can maintain a 4.8 and above for all combined listings they will make superhost. 

And superhost only takes into account reviews from the last year. So a listing can have a 4.5 average but if all reviews within the last year are 4.8 or above that host will still make superhost.

@Emilia42 Hi Emillia, Thanks.  Harold suggest to to create additional user and move the bad listing. Do you know if a listing move with reviews is possible? Thanks Ankit

@Ankit-And-Angel0 You cannot transfer listings between hosts. You will have to delist and start over from scratch with the new host. Also, if you do delist one your of listings, the reviews will still show on your profile so I believe those reviews will still be part of your overall stats. 

Harold75
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Emilia42  Thanks for the reply.  Perhaps for these people maybe they could split listing, each under a different name. 

Hi Harold, Thanks. That is an excellent idea. Did you mean that I should create a new user and then I am allowed to move my existing listing that is below 4.8 to that new user? Thanks much Ankit

Harold75
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Ankit-And-Angel0    Under the current rules, I could see this working .   Create new user (using your co-host as an idea) nominate them as the primary host of  property that is below 4.8      As this is created new, it would be like starting from zero ..zero review zero listings.   Maybe.  Are there other hosts out here with ideas?  

@Harold75 If that were possible, every single host out there would be able to get around losing their superhost status. 

@Emilia42  I could see this working.

A person gets a friend, wife etc ie the co-host, to be in charge of the current listing.  The  Co-host  becomes host.  The current listing would re-start from zero, become a new listing with a new host.  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Harold75 @Ankit-And-Angel0  Starting over with a new listing in another name and losing all one's past good reviews really doesn't seem like a good move simply to retain Superhost. Guests won't be put off by a 4.7 rating nearly as much as they'll be put off by a listing with zero reviews. And many hosts who've lost their Superhost status have reported here that it didn't make bit of difference in the amount of bookings they got. It's just a carrot Airbnb dangles- not worth stressing over.

@Sarah977   Thanks for your reply, and for your observation.  I thought Superhost status did matter in the bookings.  

Sam5256
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

@Ankit-And-Angel0 @Emilia42 

Hi guys! I realize this thread is a couple years old. I was just wondering if you ended up confirming whether a 4.75 gets rounded up to qualify for superhost. Currently, when I view my Airbnb account on desktop version I can manually enter a timeframe of Oct 1, 2021 - Today, and it shows my rating between that time period is 4.76. On my mobile superhost progress view it shows I am at 4.7. I read somewhere it does round to the nearest tenth which I thought should push my 4.76 to 4.8. As I’m approaching the next quarterly superhost reading (oct 2022) I am quite anxious to know if I will finally qualify! I am hopeful that I can stay above 4.75 but don’t think there is enough time to push to 4.8. Any insight greatly appreciated!!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I was recently told by CS that anything from a .75 above would be rounded up, e.g. if you have 4.75, it will be rounded up to 4.8.

I have no idea if that is actually true as my own stats are currently subject to some kind of glitch that CS apparently can't guarantee will be fixed before the next assessment (even though they admit to being aware of this glitch for some time). However, that is what they told me....