Review a guest who stayed at my place instead of the person who booked it

Sofia169
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

Review a guest who stayed at my place instead of the person who booked it

Hi,

I had a guest who stayed at my apartment instead of her friend that made the actual reservation. Now I would like to give a review for this person and not the one that booked the apartment and also I would like that person to give a review to me. But airbnb only asks me to give the review to the person who booked (naturally) How can I do this? 

Thanks for your help!

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Sofia169 The short answer is that you can only review the guest that made the reservation.  And only that person can review you.  This is one of the reasons that Airbnb requires that the person making the reservation also be the guest staying at the listing.  The person who actually stayed with you is invisible to Airbnb: Airbnb doesn't know who they are and actually you don't either; they are a complete stranger without identification or history on Airbnb. 

Here's what Airbnb says about 3rd party bookings: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

You should never knowinly accept a reservation where someone is booking for someone else.  In fact, if an Instant Book host finds out that someone booked for another person, Airbnb allows them to cancel without penalty. 

All the best.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Just did one  a few minutes ago, wife booked for husband, mentioned that is the review. TP bookings do not bother me, just like to know to avoid confusion.

David
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

"It was [actual guest first name] and not [account holder first name], her friend, who stayed with me. She was lovely."

Something like that? 

Yep, I tend to keep reviews short.

David