Reservation request, but no profile picture

Reservation request, but no profile picture

I keep getting people requesting to stay at my airbnb, but their profile picture shows a beach or a dog or some feathers.   How hard is it to follow instructions?  I decline these requests automatically, but I do suggest to them that they create a real profile picture.  

5 Replies 5
Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

I have received requests from people who did not have profile photos, personal descriptions, or reviews.  However, rather then immediately declining them, I have contacted them,  asked for, and have been provided the above.  If they have replied in a friendly manner, I have accepted them, and they  have turned out to be lovely guests. 

It seems as though I have been getting more and more incomplete profiles lately.  Although I have used a work around, I would like to see more  Pro activity on the part of air B and B, to make sure profiles are complete before a guest can start booking.

Jude

ive a strict screening before accepting any guest, I said this the other day that airbnb should rquire passport id essential as verification and a full p[rofile pic. i dont accept these guests who have no info on their profile. seems to me airbnb just love the money and want none of the actuall work of manging etc, hosts do all the work for them,While they rake it in....Cause they arent learnng or listening to hosts judgeing by the amount of lack of secruity issues im reading here.Ive  only been hosting about 3mnths and have copped on what takes some hosts 3years to cop on to//Common sense people..

Juley0
Level 3
Danville, CA

Don't rule them out so quickly, they have their reasons, believe me. I am one of "them." I don't choose to share with anyone & everyone on the site, but I am happy to send pictures and provide more information for a prospective booking. Just ask politely and anyone who is worth hosting will reply quickly in a friendly manner and offer up just about anything you want to know about them. 

Regina38
Level 10
Wilmington, DE

I require online verified ID and ask them to add s picture before I can accept them. I also ask for full names of s ll guests and the town where they reside. I live next door to my listings snd when I tell done guests they drop off which I consider good. I am sure they were uo to no good. all the guests that added tg eir picture and id have been great.

My terms include a clear head shot, full profile, purpose of trip, and itinerary. They're right on my contract. If they don't want to go along with my terms, that's fine; they can find somewhere else. Period.