Ranking

Kaye6
Level 2
California, United States

Ranking

Aloha, I have dozens of 5 star ratings, my place is competitive and above average.  I will be superhost status shortly.  Bookings suddenly dropped off and now it says I should do instant book to improve my ranking.  I am very particular about who I allow to stay and I like to ask them questions prior to booking; that is how I ensure good guests who do not destroy my home.  What do you suggest I do?  I

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

I never used (and i never will use) Instant book for same reason you mention. Promote the listing yourself, if Airbnb is putting you at the bottom off search results. Link: https://www.airbnb.nl/users/7578327/listings

Best regards, Emiel

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Unless you totally rely on bookings as your source of income, I'd stay away from the instant book. You basically answered your own question-  "particular about who I allow to stay" and"that is how I ensure good guests who do not destoy my home". I feel and operate exactly the same.

I think it's a mistake to assume that bookings have dropped off because of something you are or aren't doing. I'm getting less this season as well and have 5 star superhost and all great reviews. Might just be the economy- people not being able to afford to vacation right now.

And remember- airbnb does not have very good host support (maybe an understatement?) in cases of damage claims and other issues- they almost always side with the guest. Do you want to be steady booked with guests who you haven't had an opportunity to get a read on, or less booked with guests you've had the chance to vet first?