Only booked for two but there will be four plus a dog

Kate31
Level 2
Glenburn, Australia

Only booked for two but there will be four plus a dog

A guest has sent a booking for two people but there will be four people and a dog. How do I manage this issue?

5 Replies 5
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

Two comments:

First, your listing allows 4 guests but clearly states an add'l charge past two guests. Contact AirBnB if you want to enforce that and add the extra charge.

Secondly, your listing also clearly states "No Pets". Again, if you want to stick to your policy (I would) contact either the guest or AirBnB to have one of them cancel the booking. (Don't cancel yourself; you'll be penalized by AirBnB.)

If you find this helpful, consider clicking the Thumbs Up button near the lower right. Thanks!

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Just ask them to make a modification, or you can make the change and ask them to accept it.

Thank you. I have made the modification to the booking but they are yet to accept the changes...

Often happens.  People trying to save money hoping the host just accepts it out of desperation.

Give them a time frame on when to accept it by.  If still at the last minute they do not accept, ask them to cancel the booking as you will not honour it.

@Kate31 There is also the Airbnb resolutions (https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions) section where you can ask Airbnb to step in. However, given that someone else has stated you don't allow pets, I would ask airbnb to cancel the reservation. Don't go back on your policies because there's money involved; you'll probably regret it! Especially if they're the type of people to pull these kinds of stunts. 

Also, sometimes it's not apparent to people that you've requested the changed. You should message them on the system and let them know you've submitted for this change. But again, my advice is to cut your losses, cancel and find someone else.