Offering Food

Asım0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

Offering Food

Hi all..

Turkey is mostly known with its rich cuisine. And almost 've shared what i have in my kitchen with every guest. They truely admired the taste of local food and they found it so local. Thus i've come up with an idea of offering food for the guests for a fair price. Thereby guests would have chance to taste home made food with a reasonable price. I think it would be a great option on airbnb to able to offer food through description page. 

5 Replies 5

@Asım0 - you can make mention of a food offering right in your listing.  We provide food at a fair price too and charge the guest through the Resolution Center. You can provide a menu with the prices in advance or when they arrive.

Asım0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

@Alice-and-Jeff0 Actually i did mention it on my description page. But ensuring it as an Airbnb feature sounds more atractive. This may lead the hosts a new way of income. 

Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

I know in my state - if I offer home prepared food, I will have to have my kitchen licensed as a commercial kitchen.  I'm not currently in a position to do that - so I do not offer food that isn't prepackaged in a commerical facility.  I would guess that many states/locations have the same requirements and to stay out of the fray,  Airbnb will not include a searchable filter option.  It would seem to me that if Airbnb officially presents to a guest that food is included, they are ensuring that local laws are being met, and that's not a headache they would want.  

On a related note, if I were visiting and saw your listing offered a meal - I WOULD be attracted to that.  I'm not personally ultra hung up on licensed kitchens, as I've seen some that were much dirtier than my own or a friends kitchen. So definitely keep it in your listing, I just wouldn't hold my breath on Airbnb making a searchable filter.  

Asım0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

@Willow3 Good point. Never thought that way. Thanks for your contribition. 

Rose375
Level 2
Frostburg, MD

I am almost ready to offer a menu to my guests. I have decided to include 2 sandwich trays (Chicken or Shrimp salad on croissants w/chips, one soup offering (Avgolemono) w/crusty bread, and 2 desserts (GF brownies w/ice cream or NY Cheesecake w/fruit compote). Everything is homemade except for rolls and chips. I will ask the guest to fill out the order form on the first day indicating the day and time they would like delivery. I will request cash or cash app payment at the time of delivery. All the food items are made ahead and frozen and de-thaw nicely if I get orders ahead of time. I was wondering if I should keep on hand GF breads? Or if I should put the menu on the site with pictures? Any suggestions or comments?