Not getting notice of cancellation from AirBNB

Marsha54
Level 2
Alpine, TX

Not getting notice of cancellation from AirBNB

Hi, I am a fairly new AirBNB host. I am set up to receive both text and email notifications, and I receive notifications in both places when someone books my property. However, I don't get any notification if the reservation is cancelled. This has been a problem when I am out of town and I am paying someone to clean for me. The cleaner has gone over to the property to find it unused, and when I checked the AirBNB website, I could see that the guest cancelled. Why am I not receiving a notice of cancellation as soon as it happens?  How can I make this happen (specific steps, please!! like, "go to this page," "click this button," etc - as I have found the website a bit cumbersome to use sometimes 🙂 )

2 Replies 2
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Marsha54, do you have the Airbnb app downloaded on your phone? You should receive notice of cancellation via the app.

I don't use the app because my older model phone doesn't have the space for it. But I have a new phone coming this week, so I will download the app and hopefully that will take care of the problem!  Thanks!!