New Feature? Recommended by Host

Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

New Feature? Recommended by Host

I have no idea if this is a new feature or not, but I never noticed it before and thought it was useful. When you are in the message app conversing with a potential guest, it shows "[guest] has [#] reviews" by their name. Slightly below that it shows "guest is recommended by [#] hosts". So for a reviewed guest, you can see how many hosts would recommend that guest. I always wondered how the thumbs up and thumbs down was used, and now it looks like it is recorded somewhere. Also nice, if the numbers don't match, you can read the review from the host that did not recommend the guest.

5 Replies 5
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Melanie58 Yes this is one of the perks for hosts who choose to have Instant Book enabled and who have chosen that guests have positive reviews from hosts in order to book instantly.  Those hosts whose listing do not have Instant Book enabled do not have this feature. 

Be aware, however, that any guest that does not meet your requirement will still be able to send inquiries and / or reservation requests where you will need to decide whether to accept or not. 

This requirement for Instant Book hosts is a real bonus and alleviates many of the fears hosts have about using Instant Book. 

Cheers!

Clare

Aha! That is so cool! Awesome job Airbnb developers! I remember a few months ago suggesting to just to give a percentage of up and down votes for a guest as a metric hosts could review, and this seems like a much more elegant implementation of that concept.

Can you please tell me if this is only on the app.  I do not use the app, just a computer.

Airbnb wants bad guests' business. 90% of my guests are great but then you get some that make you want to shut it down. Then you call/contact/Tweet the issue and get excuses and usually they side with the guest. This one little way to know ahead of time has since been removed. There used to be a way to check if a guest had 200 reviews and was only recommended by 5 hosts there is a problem. Instead I have to decifer and decode the cryptic reviews from other hosts and then read what he wrote about them and at the end of the day, trust my insticts. I just had a guest who, had I been here alone, would have really freaked me out. I don't see the point in reporting his profile when obviously they don't care. It's up to you, it's your house, be really careful and trust your gut.

Mel101
Level 10
Amsterdam, NL

@Melanie58, I've never been able to see that,  although it was one of the things that  encouraged me to turn instant booking on. Do you have to click through somewhere? Clicking on the profile pic doesn't give the number of host again votes either