Line dry bedding

Jacqueline520
Level 2
Kingston, Canada

Line dry bedding

I am sure there are many posts on hanging bedding outside, but I can't seem to find any.

My question is, how do people feel about hanging bedding outside to dry?  We have our first guests in under 2 weeks and I'm wondering if this is an option or frowned upon. 

Thanks!

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jacqueline520   Frowned upon by whom? Thankfully Airbnb hasn't yet decided to mandate how we do our laundry 🙂

I don't even own a dryer. All my laundry is line-dried. I love the smell of laundry dried in the fresh air, breeze and sunshine. Certainly preferable to the chemical smell of dryer sheets.

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Sarah977 I'm sure they will add that to their long list of dumb ideas one day!.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Please tell me there's not some new 'Superdry' thing going on? My sheets (and smalls) go out on the line, every time (when it's not rainy).  

Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

Just wondering if this is a joke question ??,

The best way to dry sanitise and air beddding is outside on a line in the sunshine,

A dryer would only be used in rainy weather or an emergency.

I love the fresh smell of air dried an aired bedding.

I cant imagine any sane person would frown upon this happening.

Cheers and have a great day. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jacqueline520 , as long as the sheets aren't still frozen when the guest goes to bed, I think you're good to go!  :):):)

@Ann72  Ah, but then they would have no need to turn the AC up to Arctic temperatures. Could be a new amenity- Frozen Sheets. Would be great for those of us in hot climates or NYC in the summer- we could store the sheets in the freezer. 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Jacqueline520, I hope nobody frowns on it because I always hang my sheets outside to dry! As @Lynette57 said, the dryer (which I never even owned until my first winter doing Airbnb) is for emergencies only or just to get that last tiny bit of dampness out of the sheets when they don't quite dry in winter. There are so many reasons to use the line over the dryer:

1. First and foremost, climate change! Hello!!???
  2. Reduced costs
  3. Lovely fresh-smelling sheets
  4. Sheets aren't all wrinkly (as they are when they come out of the dryer)
  5. UV light is antibacterial
  6. Good exercise for your arms hanging the sheets up 🙂

Happy hosting Jacqueline!