Landlord Commission

Brian2365
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Landlord Commission

So, the landlord commission should be commission % x Base Price. However, instead of using the Base Price, ABNB uses the total Payout amount which includes the cleaning fee and other fees.  I asked the Help Center to look into it, and they kept passing me onto other people ( about 10 people now). And none of them seem to understand the issue and just close out my case without resolving the issue.  And I have to open a new case and explain the same thing 5 times.
Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue. 

4 Replies 4
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Brian2365  If Airbnb did this then hosts would just increase the fee components to pay less overall commission. So this is done on purpose by Airbnb and I wouldn't expect that you will get any response or change

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Yes, the Airbnb fee is calculated on all amounts charged by the host - rent, cleaning, laundry, etc.  Taxes are not included in the calculation, however.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Brian2365 It would be better if Airbnb just told you that you were wrong and closed the case. If they applied the service fee as you want then hosts would game the system charging low nightly rates and high fees for cleaning etc. Why would they want to do that?

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Brian2365   Where I am in North Carolina, any fee charged by the host is subject to taxes, be it the cleaning fee, a pet fee or a resort/management fee.  So IMO, AirBnB is correctly applying the 13%  NC tax rate to all fees charged, including their service fee.  What are the tax rules for your location?