How would you classify as a private room or entire place

Wade2
Level 1
Nashville, TN

How would you classify as a private room or entire place

Hi my listing is for the entire upstairs of our home.  It is over 800 sq/ft.  Seperate entrance, bedroom, living room, large large bath, and even a small hall landing area.  There is no kitchen and there is are interior stairs that connect the upstairs and downstairs.  There is only a curtain seperating the two spaces.  I could put up wood folding door but it wouldn't be really any more private than it is now (but it might feel more like it).

So which way should I list it.  I am full (nearly) every weekend during spring, summer, and fall so I am not missing out.

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Matt26
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Wade2,

I think you're correct listing it as a shared space - because there is not a true seperation of units. The guests will share the kitchen with you. It's really not the same as renting say a condo or apartment which is much similiar a hotel room (and thus 'entire space').  Your listing says  it can accommodate up to 3 guests, but couldn't you have guests sleep on the day bed and the couch? If you increase your number of guests to 4, then you can specify the types of accomodations you have (even though you don't have to accept 4 guests in the space).

Here's the info: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1224/how-do-i-add-the-type-of-bed-to-my-listing

(If you found my response useful, give it a thumbs up!)

Matt, so if I put up a door or temp wall that completely seperated the two spaces then I could call it a private room?

It used to be a full apartment but the previous owners took out the kitchen and combined it with the bathroom and took down the door and frame.