How to block a guest that has rented in the past

Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

How to block a guest that has rented in the past

I had a guest rent the house for last Thanksgiving weekend (2017) and the group left the house a mess. Spilled food on the floor left there to dry, general ickiness, and other problems. They made a comment later that they loved the place and would "be back next year," but I made no reply addressing that specifically.

I do not want to host this guest again, but there seems to be no way to block a specific user if they have already rented. In the old messages there is a "Report" link, but that doesn't lead to any "Block" option, from what I can see, like there is with a user who hasn't booked yet.

I wan to keep that weekend available for other guests so I don't want to block those dates completely. I would rather not just allow them to make a request and then decline it, for two resons. For one, declining a request always generates some personal feelings of rejection. Also, declines count against my record and I could eventually lose my Superhost status.

It's much better if my property doesn't even show up on their searches any more. That way it's all graceful and subtle without hurt feelings. How can I specifically block this user?

Thank you for any insight.

6 Replies 6
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Bob39 the blocking feature seems to come and go. I called CS and they blocked for me.

Thank you.

Ned-And-Laura0
Level 10
Simi Valley, CA

Did you give them a thumbs down in the review?  I had read that doing this will prevent them from booking your location again....can anybody confirm this?

Thank you for your reply. The guest did not review me, nor did I review them. At that time they had no reviews. Now they have 10 and they are all positive. In spite of that I still don't want them to come here again.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Ned-And-Laura0  Three stars or less across the board and a thumbsd down will block them from booking his location again. @Bob39  Do as @Lisa723  suggests. AirBnB will manually block the guest for you. The report and block has broken off and on for a month or so. It comes back occasionally, but doesn't seem to last for more than a few days before it says something on this page is broken.  

Thank you for the information.