How do you host an email address in your home?

Brett3
Level 10
Gold Coast, Australia

How do you host an email address in your home?

So I have just received a booking request from a guest who's profile name is an email address. Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 6.01.07 pm.png

I have asked the user if their name is actually an email address and had no response.

I have reported the user to Airbnb but they seem to A okay with this.

Airbnb have choosen to hide the guests profile picture until after they have booked in case of descrimination. I suppose when your name is an email address Airbnb have to hide that too in case of off platform contact, or maybe there is also email address descrimination. 

Now as a host I am not allowed to know anything more than 'something' wants to book my place. 

I guess the positive take away from this is an email address couldn't make too much mess.

15 Replies 15
Brett3
Level 10
Gold Coast, Australia

@Alon1 @Jessica-and-Henry0 ,

As you have noticed yes the guests profile picture I posted was removed from the forum because it was an email address. I chose to not accept this guests booking because they did not reply to my messages and I felt unsupported when Airbnb seemed not to be concerned. Here we are 1 week later and the guests profile name is still an email address.

I guess it's okay to use an email address as your profile name as long as you don't want to participate here on one of the forums. 

Handy to know someone can help with South Korean translation Jessica and Henry. I do have to say though that I find most South Koreans speak very good english and have a clear understanding of how Airbnb works.