Help Needed Getting NEW Bookings

Help Needed Getting NEW Bookings

I opened in March and was booked almost every night until recently when it appears as if I am only getting a trickling of bookings.

Can someone offer me some good advice as to how to build my bookings back up again?

And is there someway to have my booking closer to the top of the page?

Here is my listing:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/32887885

Thank you in advance.

Priscilla

42 Replies 42
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Priscilla150 

Your listing says:

"Quite Hours: 7:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M "

Are you sure ?

OPPS.  Thanks for that observation.  Being new here, what are acceptable Quite Hours?  I have changed it to 10:00 P.M.  Do I need a To and From Time for those?

@Priscilla150   make sure it says "Quiet" hours.   Our house rules state 10:00pm to 8:00am    😉

Also, some of your pictures seem very dark; you might want to either lighten those or replace them.   There is one more thing that caught my attention.  You are only allowing married couples to stay in the bedroom.  How are you "enforcing" this?  What if two women/guys(not couples neccessarily) were to book and decide to sleep in the same bed--would you make them pay the extra $15.00 for the airbed?  How about children?  I see some potential trouble brewing there.

PS: you might want to spell-check the house rules and description--there are quite a few typos.  ;-)e next

Happy Hosting to you...you should make Superhost come the next evaluation the end of June.    🙂

Thanks Ann.  Hopefully I got all of those typos and cleaned them up.  I will be exchanging or revising my pictures as my room is available to do so.  Yes, I only allow married couples or platonic friends.  As you know, that is listed and luckily I have not had any issues with this so far.  I am open to children, but since it is a double bed and only one room, except for the Airbeds, I haven't had anyone book with children.

I just list quiet hours after 10pm because I’m in a residential area. No loud parties or music etc. 

I too am in a residential area.  I changed my quiet hours from 10 pm to 8 am.  

Corley0
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Hi Priscilla

im fairly new too and I’m working on becoming a Super Host - that will help bump up your visibility. 

I’ve also experienced a decline despite 8 visits with 8 5-star reviews. 

Keeping prices low until you’re established may help. 

Corley

I am hoping to become a Super Host and do the best I can.  I thought I had enough to make it the last time, but I never.  Perhaps I was too new.  Good luck to you Corley.  

@Priscilla150 You will not be able to make superhost until next review time, which is July 1. The evaluation is done quarterly.

From your current status, you should be qualified on July 1 evaluation. 

YES!!!  Thanks.

Corliss2
Level 9
Calgary, Canada

@Priscilla150 , @Corley0 

I word of caution regarding lower prices; generally, lower prices can mean a lower quality of guest.

Yes, I found that out fast.  My price combined with Kitchen and W/D access brought me homeless people.  Now I have no problem with homeless people, but the way my pots and pans and  kitchen were treated/handled, I quickly decided to increased my price and removed the Kitchen, W/D amenitites.    That is not to say, I do not allow those to be used, I am just more selective as to who uses them.

Hi Corliss,

Have to agree with you.  I am new host and just had a guest who was low quality due to my low price.

@Lois52  How exactly do you know they were "low quality" because of a low price? I know a lot of hosts say this, but it hasn't been my experience at all. I have a fairly budget-priced listing for my area and what I offer, and I get consistently wonderful guests. There are a number of factors which all contribute to the type of guests you attract, not just the price. What you're offering, your location, how your listing description is worded (marketing towards the type of guests you want and who will be a good fit) , why people are coming to stay, how adept you are at vetting guests. I don't think you can just pick one of those things and say it's THE factor in attracting bad guests.