Guests are booking without a photo!!

Laura678
Level 4
Boston, MA

Guests are booking without a photo!!

Guests are booking without a photo!! This is ridiculous, and we won't stand for it. Begin as many new conversation threads as possible to bring this to their attention. Clearly, either their algorithm doesn't work, or they don't care about their hosts. Something needs to be done about this dangerous situation.

3 Replies 3
Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

As I refuse to use instant book, and all requests or enquiries come to me, I specifically message and request a copy of the persons photo id and without it I will not accept or decline a request, but I do message the guest that without photo id and verification that our property would not be suitable for them and i suggest they look for another property to apply for.

Those that send ID get accepted, those that dont just dissapear without having to be decline.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lynette57 

I also don't use IB.

However, I'm puzzled by your account of the photo ID.

Please correct me, but it seems that you request a photo ID before accepting a booking?

If so, how does the Guest manage to send it to you?

The recent change in policy means that a Host can formerly request photo, but the photo only becomes visible after a booking is complete. Moreover, full Verification remains an optional requisite

which Host sets in their booking requirements. 

Otherwise, we can still view Guest photo prior to booking if Guest has a history of at least one reciprocal review with previous Hosts. 

--------

So, it's just the initial question. You seem to imply a Guest is able to send you a photo prior to booking.

If so, how?

Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

A scan can be sent via the message or they can request ABB to release their photo.

It depends on where they are trying to book from.