Guest wishes to cancel

Barbara153
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Guest wishes to cancel

I have just got my first booking for my villa in Cyprus through AirBnb. The guest booked for three weeks, arrived yesterday and has decided he doesn't like my villa and wants to leave quoting spurious excuses. I can't believe AirBnb have allowed him to cancel and say I am now going to get less than it has cost me to get the internet connected and the villa prepared for his party. He was offered a reduced rate because it was a long term booking and I agreed to waiver the cleaning charge for the same reason. Surely I am now entitled to the normal rate and my cleaning charge reinstated? Is this what renting through AirBnb is all about? All help to the guest and stuff the host?

4 Replies 4
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

For whatever reason those seeking a deal seem to be the biggest pains, you agreed the revised terms and have a Flexible cancellation policy. Might want to reconsider the camcellation policy.

David
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Unfortunately your cancellation policy is your cancellation policy - and as for upfront spend on internet and getting the villa ready, you would have to do this for your next guests anyway. The only hope I can offer is that with a moderate policy I have only had one cancellation within a year and that was easily filled.

Finally beware of anyone pushing down your price and barganining - those are the troublemakers.

Michele39
Level 10
New Orleans, LA

Don't us hosts have an option to take photos and send to Airbnb to refute the "spurious excuses"? For example if the guest says the place was dirty, you can take pictures to show that it wasn't.

I have had guests leave when I was very new to hosting, because there were some things I hadn't put in the listing that they found important. I just added those things to the listing and everything was fine after that.

I think they just cancelled within the terms of the booking conditions.

David