Guest reviews & verification

Juli-and-Brian0
Level 2
Clearwater, FL

Guest reviews & verification

After over a year of hosting we have had our fair share of experiences. One of the more recent brought to my attention a flaw in the system that I would like to bring up for discussion. 

When booking, only the primary travelor is required to verify, have a review available or even be noted on the booking request. The second or more persons in the booking are not necessarily mentioned unless the travelor happens to note it in their message. 

We had a not so great experience and the other travelor not registered was more of the concern than the person who actually did the booking. We had no information or way to see if this person had any negative past experience nor do we have a way to alert any future hosts of this persons history with us. Our review was solely on the booking travelor which isn't exactly fair to that person either.

I would like to see all parties of age be required to be shown on the booking.

16 Replies 16
Kailey0
Level 3
Vancouver, Canada

I personally don't have a problem with not having everyone's information. The person renting the place is responsible for their whole group and if something happens this will still go on their airbnb. I find that the person who has booked the place is the one making sure everything is left ok and making sure everyone is following the rules so they don't get a bad review. 

OMG... I just typed a response to this and when I clicked reply box - it told me an error had occurred and nothing was posted. AirBnB is failing