Fraudulant Activity

Fraudulant Activity

My name is Mike ***and I own the apartment known as *** which is located at *** Palm Cove, Queensland Australia.  

I advertise through Air bnb and have sighted this afternoon another apartment in the same complex as mine displaying photographs of my apartment in place of theirs.   The fraudulant and deceptive conduct is from an apartment known and advertised as ***.   They are clearly displaying photographs of the internals of my apartment, my outdoor patio and my poolside deck.

I have written an email through the Air bnb site to the manager (Alison) and requested she remove the said fraudulant and deceptive photographs forthwith and I request Air bnb to ensure these are removed and if not then their apartment should not be represented as they are not representing what gthey have to offer.

Mike

2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kerryn0,

Lovely to meet you. I am sorry to hear this, this does sound rather upsetting. 

Just to mention, as the Community Center is for community discussion, it isn't managed by any of the Support Team. Therefore, I would recommend in terms of highlighting this matter to the team, for you to flag the listing using the icon on the site. This matter will then be looked in to further. 

As this post is publicaly visible, for your safety I have removed all of the personal information included here. I hope this is fine with you.

I hope you have found this helpful and do let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Call Airbnb about this.  Don't email them, call them.  Get this listing shut down!

Good luck.