European to American electric plug converters & dogs

European to American electric plug converters & dogs

So this is really bizzare, I've hosted two people from Denmark and each time my dog became inexplicably nervous to the point of shaking and crying. Our vet said it's likely she smells or hears something we can't sense and my only thought is maybe their electric plug converters create a frequency only the pooch can hear. I know this is a very unique situation but hopefully, maybe, somebody has experienced this.

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The convertor is just a different form of physical connection, the appliance would need to be able to adjust to take say 110v to 240v.

Now if they were using a Transformer that might be differenct but most unlikely somebody would have one of those on holiday.

Danish are famous for their bacon, and then there are Great Danes.

David
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Pat-and-Brooke0

BTW, if it was their normal converters, then they would be the same used in all of the EU i.e. Germany, France, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Spain..... etc. And it would mean that if it was due to the converters, that you would get the same problem with all European guests.

I've read something a while back regarding SMART gadgets and instruments and RFID chipped things, and that is regarding the WiFi connection which works on microwave technology. Not covered by officially controlled media, but there have been scientists saying that the increasing microwave technology is something that can screw up wildlife's orientation capabilities. This was in connection with the widespread bird, fish and other deaths. There are also people who suffer immensely from these microwaves.

Still incredibly strange though, that your dog only reacted to the Danish guests.