Enquiry from a single person called "Ivan" in China, it is our first from this area & has no history

Stewart-and-Sandy0
Level 1
Opua, New Zealand

Enquiry from a single person called "Ivan" in China, it is our first from this area & has no history

I have just recieved a request from a person called "Ivan" from China for a room at our bnb in NZ, it would be our first from this area and unusually because he is asking for 10 days in June which is far longer than normal and also out of season? he states he is new to Airbnb and has no details added or recommendations with only an upside down picture and a partial selfie so blurred you can just see a rough shape. What is the best way to proceed and what safeguards should I take. I am very nervous about pre authorizing such a request with no history. All advise welcome

1 Reply 1
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

China is a new and emerging market. We get lots of enquiries and bookings from new AirBnb members based in China. Often their english isn’t very good and sometimes their concept of AirBnb isn’t very clear. All the guest however (so far) have been fine. Just make sure you are very clear about what you are offering. Firm up your house rules and make sure they acknowledge that they have read them. Hope that helps.