Create a unique security deposit for a long term booking.

Create a unique security deposit for a long term booking.

I have a guest who is interested in booking my entire busy season at a really good rate. I am interested in getting her booking done soon. I would like to increase her security deposit to $1000 just to be sure any damage can be compensated. Is it possible to do this in airbnb currently? 

If this is not possible, does anyone have any kind of suggestions for alternatives?

5 Replies 5
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Zac-and-Jamie0

You are new hosts, be very carefull with bookings longer than 28days, cancellation_policies long-term  airbnb will not protect you if your guests do not pay next month and refuse to leave.

You can increase your security deposit before they book but not after they have booked.

@Zac-and-Jamie0  In florida if a person stays over 14 nights they have tenant rights ................so I would NEVER book more than 13 nights! Because the way we would have to get someone out is by eviction and it is very costly and takes a long time. Now that's Florida but, you might wanna check your state and the laws that apply. We all think folks will never do such a thing but, people will do surprising things. Just be smart and don't get stuck because you didn't know something. Good luck, Clara

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You should also research how Airbnb handles security deposits. You do not receive this money and then refund it. Airbnb does not even receive this money. 

Paula-and-Gill0
Level 4
New Paltz, NY

Be aware, you could ask for $1500 or 1 million dollar deposit, but if the guest damages anything there's no real way of collecting the money other than asking them to kindly reimburse you. The deposit is not collected and held by anyone. Welcome to AirBnB and good fortunes. 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Zac-and-Jamie0 I was looking at your listing................gotta ask WHY do you waive the $95 cleaning fee if they book 4 days or more??? Sorry your logic and thinking just is way over my head. Cause guest that stay 4 days and more surly will need more cleaning! Just had to ask. I am from the school of thinking Don't give it away - cause the more you give it away - less folks value - more they want - and it is NOT a win win. Just my thoughts. I know you didn't ask my opinion on this but, I had to give my take on it. I am NOT mean spirited, and want only the very best for all of us as host. So I hope you can have an open mind with my question. Best to you both, Clara