Complaints on guest, damages and our review of them.

Complaints on guest, damages and our review of them.

Hello all,
We have been a super host for 5 months now and our last guest caused neighbor complaints, damages to items in the home and complained during their stay. During their stay, they mentioned several times wanting to get a hotel room but we elected to only allow them to cancel, never to entice them to leave or cause issues.   The first complaint was at their late arrival and texting us at 1:00 A.M. of hot water. I made a point to be there at the home at 7:30 to check it out, but they would not let me in the home. After-the-fact, there was nothing wrong with the hot water. They expected to take 10 minute showers back-to-back with a small water heater. Complaints came from neighbors cursing in the yard. Working on their truck in the front yard, damages from their dogs, dog food all over the floor. We had no option but to give them a bad review. We do not want them to affect other Airbnb host.

Midnight last night, we got a call and cursed out, threatened by them to fly back and take care of it. Thank goodness, they did the same on the message board(already reported).

We have no idea what to expect from this quest. Other than just dis-allowing them access to Airbnb, what else can be done? Sorry, but if you are a quest in my home, and I get complaints from neighbors and you damage my home, you will get a bad review.   On top of that, you will not threaten my wife!!

This is a new one to us. thank you all. PS. We never/NEVER lifted one single curse word, or entice them in a conversation. We use the messages and reviews to say our peace.

0 Replies 0