Chinese 3rd party agents

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Chinese 3rd party agents

When it comes to Asian guests I have been very careless in accepting Airbnb's verification.

After the second booking where an agent created the reservation, I realize that I must be more vigilant in verifying that the person making the reservation  IS the guest.  

Usually, Airbnb shows their Pinyin westernized name. Is this their name on their passport? or is it only Chinese characters?

On top of their Pinyin name, they also have a friendly westernized name.

I wish Airbnb showed their pinyin name AND their Chinese Character, so that I can match up the guest with their passport.

I don't want anymore demanding agent relationships. 

How do others prove identity of foreign people using chinese characters or do you just go with the flow?

2 Replies 2
Joshua63
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Airbnb for China is a little difficult. 

Facebook, Linkedin, and Gmail do not exisit in China.

They use Wechat and Zihma credit.

I have an individual that speaks Mandarian check chinese guest in and they generally hire him to take care of them the whole trip, it's a win win. 

Generally guest from China book far in advanced so verification of the actual guest is not required. They are mostly respectful guest. 

[personal advertising hidden]

@Joshua63 All my guests from the Asian countries have been amazing and thankful for the services they received just ask for a real picture as the practice there seems to be a different re. Balloon and pokyman seem to big in China.