Calling London hosts - Interested in an interview?

Calling London hosts - Interested in an interview?

Hello everyone! I am a third year BSc Geography student at University College London (UCL) and I am writing my dissertation this year on Airbnb in London. My title is ‘The Sharing and the Real Economy: An investigation into AirBnB in London at the neighbourhood scale’. I am looking for some London AirBnB hosts who would be interested in having a conversation with me regarding the community level impacts that the platform has in London, or more specifically in your local area. I am looking for people who have diverse experiences of using Airbnb as a host and who will be willing to share some stories. Some things I will be interested in finding out from you include how you got involved with the platform, how you use it in your daily life and what you think of the platform in relation to the effect it has on your community – positives and negatives or both!

Additionally, I would also be interested in discussing your experiences if you are a neighbour of an Airbnb residence (also in London). This will allow me to investigate whether neighbours of these short-term letting platforms believe platforms such as AirBnB are having an effect on the strength of London communities.

My areas of specific interest in London are Lewisham and Haringey, however even if you are not located in these areas, I would still love to gather experiences from hosts and neighbours across London as a whole so please feel free to get in touch.

If you are interested in having such a conversation with me or want to find out more information about my study, please do not hesitate to contact me at ****

Thank you!

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines]
2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Zoe197,

Welcome to the Community Center, my name is Lizzie and I am a Community Manager here in the Community Center. 

It's great to hear you are writing your dissertation on the Sharing Economy–I sure it will be a very interesting read. 

Unfortunately, I have had to remove your email address from your message above. I would recommend contacting our Press Department (press@airbnb.com), as they may be able to assist you with this more.

Wishing you the best of luck with your studies.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mark4277
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Zoe,

How did you get on? Any advice? I was going to use this to collect data for my dissertation as well.

Cheers,

Mark