Board of directors prohibit

Board of directors prohibit

I own my home in a gated community. People have been breaking rules here for the 6 years we are here. It has been very stressful for me and my wife and many agree that those violations diminished our value.  Twice we have been unable to sell for market value.

We we have a huge musical festival within walking distance. Brings millions of dollars to the valley. Our city allows vacation rentals but the board rushed to pass a strict prohibition of renting for fests that would be met with $2500 per day fees or price you collect from rental.

the board and management has breached fiduciary duties and created a down market and now this festival can bring value.

i plan on fighting it on various levels. Boards should not be dictatorships. Now I want to do this and it's against the rules, but I should obey a rule that brings value, but others can break rules that diminish value?

ive been sharpening my skills with Davis Sterling Act and some attorneys. I like the Kickstarter idea, in another post. 

Anyone feel good about me winning this case, if it ever comes down to it. There are too many holes, one being unreasonable fines not commensurate with the community...

1 Reply 1
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Steven25 All Airbnb asks from hosts is that they comply with all regulations in their community, including Condo Associations and communities like the one in which you reside.  Airbnb doesn't want guests to be in the middle of a fight between property owners and the authorities governing the rules of the community. 

Your situation is not uncommon.  Don't know what to tell you about fighting the board of directors.  😞