Appreciate our Guests

Appreciate our Guests

Dear All Guests,

It was unbelievable that most of our recent and old guests contacted me through text at this crisis time in Sri Lanka. They have shared their condolence and enquired about me and my family. So we take this opportunity to appreciate all of them and I thought to share this note since it is demonstrated that Airbnb is not just reservation platform. It is truly a community involvement.  Let us keep all our human respect and dignity irrespective all differences.

We are looking forward to bring peace to our country with all your supports. Best Regards Samantha

Colombo is one of the 17 wetland cities in the World
19 Replies 19
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

So heartbreaking @Samantha372  but so nice to have those words of comfort. 

Kia Kaha and we are thinking of you all. ❣️

Ton11
Level 4
Barcelona, Spain

@Samantha0:

My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this barbaric act.

My special thought to all hosts and guests that have suffered and I would like to wish you all strength to overcome this situation.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It was truly shocking to see what happened in your beautiful country Mr @Samantha372  and I am only sorry that the community on here,   hasn't been more forthcoming in sending a message of support to our fellow hosts in Sri Lanka and everyone who has been affected by the traumatic events this weekend.

It is a sad fact unfortunately that when a bombing or terrorist attack happens in a Western country like New Zealand, France or the UK that there is a much bigger public reaction including on these forums,  than if it happens in a developing country. Terrorist attrocities still happen on a regular basis in Middle Eastern, Asian and African countries yet scarely warrant a mention in Western media.

Mr @Samantha372  I do hope your country gets the help and support it needs to heal and rebuild. Everytime I see another terrorist attrocity my heart breaks that we live in a world where such hatred exists.

Thank you so much Helen for spending time for thinking us in Sri Lanka. Yes from that day up to today the fear is rising and trust is challenged. Whole country under emergency Act. The way our Most Rev. Cardinal providing the leadership to Christian sisters and brothers are exceptional. That is a demonstration for all of us. We really feel isolated and shaken. Always this kind of international relations provides as extra value for us since we feel we are not isolated. So appreciate your heart felt thoughts.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

What a beautiful post, @Samantha372

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Dear @Samantha372.

Having Sri Lankan friends, the news of terrorism in your beautiful country is deeply upsetting. 

May I please send love and prayers to you and your countrymen. Peace be with you all....

♥️

Thank you so much for this strength and the togetherness. 

Dear all Colleagues, 

I red each reply seperately and each gave us a strength. Yes this was totally unexpected under any dimension or scale. Still we cannnot even think how will those families (some only physical house remain in the village and no people inside - all killed, some only one person remain....etc. etc. etc. ) and the shock and the fear for general public, future elections focused political responses, impact on small business and independent professionals like us, impact on tourism and of course the pain and the shock for normal muslim community in the country will be our concerns. And when I am writing also we got the new just now also one motor bicycle bombblast in Colombo. The whole country are in fear. Yesterday our most Rev. Bishop announced to stop all sunday prayers untill further notice. Any way appreciate all your sharing and pray on Sri Lanka.

Yes we all have to think and contribute to STOP terrorism from the word and to amke the world peaceful for all people irrespective to their differences.

Samantha

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is so heartwarming @Samantha372 and it shows the impact you have on your guests and the friendships you have created through being a wonderful host. 

My thoughts are with you and your family and friends at this awful time. 

Thank you for sharing this.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

You are welcome and appreciate your kind words and the cooperation extended. Samantha

@Samantha372  our hearts go out to you. The latest atrocities to befall our world fill us with despair,  but prove that we must stand together with love and pride, in our bid to oust those who continue to try and divide by spreading fear and pain. 

It is heartening to hear that so many have contacted you with kind words and wishes and that this has provided you with some comfort and strength at this difficult time. 

May we add our own heartfelt condolences, and echo your wish that one-day peace will prevail. 

Thank you Kate Mary. Appreciate your heart toutching thoughts. Yes wherever we live we all should dream the PEACE. 

Jody79
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Samantha372 My thoughts go out to you and your country and wish you strength to get through this.  I agree, we as a world need to strive for peace and embrace our differences for we can all learn a great deal from each other.

Hi Jody, Thanks for your thoughts. Yes always what I believe "Diversity is a STRENGTH". Only thing we have to genuinly acknowledge diversity and not as differences. Samantha