AirbBnb Refuses to let me remove Pre-Approval

William29
Level 3
United States

AirbBnb Refuses to let me remove Pre-Approval

Once I pre-approve a guest, Airbnb forces me & all users to show that guest is PERMANENTLY pre-approved, forever.  After 24 hours, there is NO WAY AT ALL for the host to remove the pre-approval.  The status is always listed as 'pre-approved', even though that guest is definitely NOT pre-approved.  This is pure stupidity. 

My question is, Why would Airbnb not allow the host to remove the pre-approval?!  Why would the status not switch to 'Expired' instead of 'pre-approved' for the next 5 or 10 years? 

And finally, is it true that Airbnb is run by complete morons?

5 Replies 5
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

While it's true that AirBnB continues to show the guest's request as Pre-Approved long after the 24-hour deadline has passed (which, I agree, is poor design), the fact is that the Pre-Approval itself only lasts 24 hours. During that time, there's no "block" on your listing, and after that time, the guest no longer has pre-approval so they'd have to submit a new request or booking like anyone else. So who cares what you see next to the requestor's name in your message list? Yeah, it's dumb the way they retain that text, but it's also meaningless.

BOTTOM LINE is this:  It continues to show on my account the guest is 'Pre-approved' even though the Guest IS NOT pre-approved. This is a blatant error on AirBnb's part.

This is PURE STUPIDITY by Airbnb management to ignore the issue. 

No excuses.  Don't blame the user, don't tell the user to know the 24-hr rule; this is 100% about stupidity of Airbnb management, and refusal to address a blatant error.  

Lastly, I have dealt with other website issues before with Airbnb....management is stubborn and moronic and uses complete denial ...and they refuse to listen to obvious problems with their website.  This company is run very, very poorly.

Actually, the user (us hosts)  *should* know the 24-hour rule. It's all there to read about if one bothers to do so. Otherwise, why would anyone even pre-approve in the first place if they have no understanding of what that means and how it works? I understand your frustration, but in this case, now that you *do* know how it works, let go of the vitriol. File a politely worded "enhancement request" with AirBnB (impolite, accusatory sh*t won't get you anywhere) and then simply let it go. AirBnB is like all software -- full of bugs and constantly evolving as priorities dictate. Do you want to help make it better or do you just want to yell about sh*t?

@Dede0 Absolutely right.  I will be the first to say that navigating Airbnb's help files is difficult and sometimes maddening.  But there are ways to get answers, including here.  We are just hosts and any invective towards Airbnb will go nowhere. 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@William29 I agree with @Dede0 that it is poor design and very misleading.  Here's the deal, after 24 hours the guest can accept your pre-approval but it will come back to you to accept or decline.  During the first 24 hours if a guest accepts then the reservation is confirmed. Read more about it here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/838/what-is-a-pre-approval

Read the Guest section.