AIRBNB seems not really protect host...wanna hear your opinion

Tracy114
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

AIRBNB seems not really protect host...wanna hear your opinion

Hi Everyone, I have been hosted more than 1 year, I had lots of enjoyable experience, but the issue happened lately made me kinda disappointed about the airbnb customer service...

Here is the stories.... 4 guests booked my whole apartment for 3 nights, I arranged cleaner clean the apartment before their arrival, and I write on the description that this is my home, I have personal belongings in the home and the closet in masterroom is not accessable.

After the guests arrive, they were not happy about my place and complained I have too many my own items in the apartment, but the fact is I already tried to hidden/cover all my belongings.... they wanna leave my house and get full refund, I don't think it's fair as this was not my mistakes, then they opened my closet in the master room to take pic to show airbnb I have lots personal stuffs, also uncovered my shoes shelf to take pic about my shoes and other belonging... I was so angry!!! but airbnb didn't provide any help to me, they just cancelled the booking " on behalf of me" on the same night and refund full money to the guest, I lost 3 nights' payment....

What do you think about this case? What should I do? just accept airbnb's desicion?  Quite disappointed now 😞 Thanks for reading.

15 Replies 15
Fengtian0
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

I am planning to leave Airbnb as well. I also had really bad experience of airbnb. Here is the story, I had a guest who rent my property for 3 days. On the last day of their booking, they called airbnb and claim that I have entered his room when they are absent without their permission, and Airbnb called me to ask whether this is true and I said no it is not. Later Airbnb sent me a message through email that they believe what the guest said and later banned my listings for violation of policies. I was really angry about that and I said OK that's fine I am leaving airbnb anyway. After a year I got a message from Airbnb that they are reviving my listings and allow me to continue my business on its platform so I am relisting my properties and that incident really hurts me and I have no trust on airbnb. I have learned the lessons that Airbnb will never protect hosts interests.