AIRBNB Case Managers

Gc1
Level 2
Singapore

AIRBNB Case Managers

Dear Host, 

i find that the AIRBNB Case Managers handles theirs cases very badly.

a.) they tends to side with the Guest

b.) English is not their first lanaguage, their grammers and understanding of the situation is very bad.

c.) they make a final decision without informing you.

d.) they ignore you after a few emails.

e.) they looks like they want to close a case quickly

f.) they are sometimes arrogant, 

g.) their decision making is usually a bad one and puts the host in disadvantage.

I think something must be escalate to the higher management or i will consider other platform to hosting.

hosts, do you agree with me?

22 Replies 22

We need: When guests check in, ask them to check everything and signature on the statement! Take photos shown clearly how the house look, ask them signature too ! if they refuse to do it, place a camera and remove it after the guests checked everything in Front of us!
Airbnb  no longer protect the host, we need very carefully and better not through Airbnb once we can! Remember how the case manager airbnb hired, their purpose is  get advantage on host! 

@Chile1  I now take a video of my unit before the next guest checks in and after cleaning. I open all the cupboards, drawers, fridge, microwave, stove, record behind the furniture, inside the couches, under the beds-EVERYTHING!! I will not allow another guest to lie about my unit in order to receive a refund EVER again.

Katie157
Level 7
Lincoln, NE

I couldn't agree with you more, BOTH of my listings are currently blocked from taking reservations from a case I OPENED out of concern from guest safety after a crazy neighbor lady complained that "JAY Z was playing in the backyard and people diving loudly in the pool" this is all in broad daylight...I filed the complaint on 5/28 against her as she was posing as a "guest" and was using threatening language, and told me she'd trespassed on my property while the guests were there...I was told I was assigned a case manager, received a call from someone speaking very broken English and unable to understand my issue...then I was assigned a new case manager 7 DAYS LATER: Anna--I haven't heard anything from her after incessantly emailing and trying to call. This is my livelihood, and airbnb blocked BOTH my listings from taking bookings. This is a case that I opened for my guest safety & it's being used against me. 

@Katie157 You must keep calling and request to have your case escalated. Do not stop until you can speak to someone. Worse, case scenario, go on Twitter and message Airbnb directly. They always respond right away (I don't post my issues with Airbnb publicly). I literally emailed my "case manager" every two hours. Each time I spoke to her, she had another demand. It was really unprofessional and unreasonable. It's obvious they are reading directly from transcripts devised for various scenarios. AND they are so quick to click a button to de-list your unit right away, as if they take some kind of perverse pleasure from it (or maybe they actually receive bonuses related to how many properties they de-list). This is my livelihood, not just some joke!

thanks @Maia29  for your QUICK response, you're faster then they are! Great tip about twitter, will definitely resort to that. When you would email your case manager would it just go to that general email or to them directly? Noticed my emails when they do come in come at like 3:40am! I hope they are not deactivating due to bonuses...due to COVID, I'm sure there's been a mass exodus from the platform, you'd think they'd be doing things to help & support the hosts they have left rather than making it difficult to get any type of help.

@Katie157  The reason why the emails come in at 3:40 am is because these are overseas reps. Since I'm in Alaska, on a different time zone, I always end up having to talk to someone overseas no matter what. They even were so irritated with me one day, they said, "ma'am, you've already called 5 times today," to which I replied, "no, I've actually called 10 times and I'm going to keep calling until my listing is reactivated." Get your case escalated, and it'll be resolved pretty quickly. I was delisted on a Thursday (without any notice), and by Monday, when I finally spoke to someone in the US, my listing was put back up within 15 minutes, after I finally was able to bypass "Twinkle Y" (yes, that was her name).

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

@Chile1  I bet the customer service case managers DID receive bonuses or their pay was based partially on closing cases as quickly as possible. It makes perfect sense considering my horrible experiences in January and February of this year (never had issues before). They closed my case without my consent, and were extremely antagonistic. I even heard people laughing in the background-why would anyone be laughing in the "health & safety" department, I don't know! It's not a laughing matter!. Hopefully, that "particular" case manager lost her job! Sorry, but really not sorry.

this is abominable. this is how we support our families, why it would be a laughing matter to anyone is actually completely non compliant with regard to ethics and just plain tasteless. When will they get it right? Hosts are their inventory, there's nothing to sell if there's not inventory. They need to take care of their inventory.