Will sublet feature be promoted ?

Juanjo7
Level 3
Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Will sublet feature be promoted ?

Recently there has been some media buzz about Airbnb´s sublet feature

www.airbnb.com/sublets

This feature is supposed to focus in bookings longer than 30 days.

I am very interested in this because, as a host I focus on long term stays.

I rent my property, using Airbnb, in a university city in Spain with a lot of international activity.

catedraldesdealameda-USC.jpg

Most of my guests would have to face a lot of paperwork to do an ordinary rent, and they would have to do so in an unfamiliar legal environment.

The Airbnb letting system allows, both tenant reputation and home reputation to be useful all around the world. A good review from a host in Hong Kong would be very useful for me when I am letting my place in Spain.

I have been involved in the Spanish real estate market for more than a decade and I know that there is a lot of interest to live in Spain for people from other parts of Europe or the world.

In the past a lot of people had to navigate endless red tape mazes to fulfil their dream of living for a while under the Spanish sun enjoying the privacy of a real home.

Today, using "Airbnb long lettings feature", people can make their arrangements completely online from wherever they are in the world and then travel to Spain only to enjoy their home.

Spain is a place where www.airbnb.com/sublets should thrive.

I would like to know if I am the only host focusing on long term stays or if anybody else is also doing this?

Also I would like to know if airbnb has any plans to promote it´s sublet feature?

1 Reply 1
Cara8
Level 1
Dallas, TX

FOLLOWING.

I cannot figure out how to designate my property as a "sublet" in the US at all, either. Apparently, people know about it, but there is no info on "sublet" that I can find ANYWHERE in documentation. So frustrating.